- These sub-mm wave noise sources are unique ISSN-05 (140 to 220 GHz) and ISSN-03 (220 to 330 GHz) and have extended operating frequency range
- Provide the high level of noise power spectral density within the whole waveguide frequency range.
- Silicon IMPATT diode is employed as a building block.
- ENR > 45 dB typical
- Good flatness
- No high voltage supply required
- Compact solid state architecture
- Laboratory and test equipment
- Sub-mm-wave measurements
- Calibration of sub-THz receivers
- Noise figure measurement
The ISSN-XX noise sources produce a high level of noise power spectral density within the whole waveguide frequency range. These sub-mm-wave sources are available in WR-05 (140-220 GHz) and WR-03 (220-330 GHz) waveguide bands ranges and are based on silicon IMPATT diode which is employed as a fundamental building block of the source.
The new devices are intended for test and instrumentation applications in place of gas-tube noise sources. Low DC power requirements eliminate the need for complex high voltage supplies. There are two operation modes: CW mode and pulsed AM mode with modulation frequency up to 1 kHz. Typical value of excess noise ratio (ENR) as a function of frequency is given on the table below.
|Frequency range||140 – 220 GHz||220 – 330 GHz|
|ENR*||45 dB*||50 dB*|
|VSWR load||1.5:1 (max)||1.5:1 (max)|
|Stability, dB/day (typical)||0.05||0.05|
|Power Supply input Voltage||100 – 240 V AC 50/60 Hz||100 – 240 V AC 50/60 Hz|
|Noise Source biasing Connector||BNC-F||BNC-F|
|Noise Source external trigger connector||SMA-F||SMA-F|
|Power Supply output Connector||BNC-F||BNC-F|
|Weight||3.3 kg (noise source) + 0.6 kg (PSU)||3.3 kg (noise source) + 0.6 kg (PSU)|
|Operating temperature range||10 to 45 °C||10 to 45 °C|
|Waveguide flange material||Waveguide flange material||Waveguide flange material|
*) Device with lower typical ENR is possible to order by special request
Related products: Solid-state noise sources of ISSN-XX series for 26.5 – 170 GHz.